The Children’s Room has materials in multiple formats and in different collections to meet the special needs of your child.
- Easy-Board Book collection is for children 0 to 2, are thick, strong pages, with bright colors and few words.
- Easy Books collection is for children 1 to 6+ years old, are usually oversized with simple stories.
- Chapter Books collection for the beginner readers in 4 levels, for kids in Kindergarten to 2nd grade.
- Holidays Collection covers holidays from Christmas to Valentine’s Day.
- Parenting Collection has books the parent can read to the child that cover the tough topics from potty training, a new baby, moving, manners, feelings, dyslexia and much more. This collection includes the Just for the Military Child books.
- Juvenile Fiction and Non-fiction books for kids in grades 1 to 7 and a little older.
Orientation to 3D Printers
Every Tuesday | 6:30 pm & Every Thursday | 3 pm in January
Tuesdays, Feb. 13 & 27 | 6:30 pm AND Thursdays, Feb. 8 & 22 | 3 pm in February
Learn how to use Malmstrom’s new 3D Printer! Each class is limited to six people. Call 731-4638 to sign up. Children and teens (16 years and younger) MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Orientation class is required to use the Library’s 3D Printer. Additional times will be scheduled if necessary to meet demand, and for special groups.
Reading Club: Reading by Design
Through April 30
This year’s theme is Reading by Design, running through April 30, 2018. Kids read 5 stories and review each one, and earn real patches. Pick up forms at the Library and instructions for the online version from the Library. WARNING: you will have tell us about one of the stories when you turn in your log. Kids can read 5 to 100+ stories to earn up to 15 different patches during the Club’s year.
Tuesdays | 10 am to 11 am
For children, ages 2 to 6; includes crafts, projects and stories for everyone.
January 23: Robots
January 30: Groundhog Day
February 6: Hometown Heroes
February 13: Valentines
February 20: Rabbits
February 27: Helicopters
Kids can call 731-4640 and listen to a short story. A new story starts every Thursday morning.
January 18: Sleeping Beauty
January 25: Why the Evergreen Trees Keep Their Leaves in Winter
February 1: The Ugly Duckling
February 8: George Washington and the Cherry Tree
February 15: The Pancake
February 22: Rapunzel