Reading Patch Club
For Kids in grades K-12
Through April 30, 2019
This year’s theme is Reading Takes You EVERYWHERE. Kids read 5 stories and review each one, and earn real patches. Pick up forms at the Library and instructions for the online version from the Library. WARNING: you will have tell us about one of the stories when you turn in your log. Kids can read 5 to 100+ stories to earn up to 5 points with every 5 books you read. Points are counted towards grand prizes at the end of the program in May 2019.
The Children’s Room has materials in multiple formats and in different collections to meet the special needs of your child.
- Easy-Board Book collection is for children 0 to 2, are thick, strong pages, with bright colors and few words.
- Easy Books collection is for children 1 to 6+ years old, are usually oversized with simple stories.
- Chapter Books collection for the beginner readers in 4 levels, for kids in Kindergarten to 2nd grade.
- Holidays Collection covers holidays from Christmas to Valentine’s Day.
- Parenting Collection has books the parent can read to the child that cover the tough topics from potty training, a new baby, moving, manners, feelings, dyslexia and much more. This collection includes the Just for the Military Child books.
- Juvenile Fiction and Non-fiction books for kids in grades 1 to 7 and a little older.
NEW Toddler Time
Every Thursday | 10 am
For toddlers, ages 2 and under.
Tuesdays | 10 am to 11 am
For children, ages 2 to 6; includes crafts, projects and stories for everyone.
January 8: Cold Weather Animals
January 15: Soup
January 22: Snowmen
January 29: TBA
Kids can call 731-4640 and listen to a short story. A new story starts every Thursday morning.
January 3: Why the Evergreen Trees Keep Their Leaves
January 10: Jack and the Beanstalk
January 17: The Brave Tin Soldier
January 24: Sleeping Beauty
January 31: The Ugly Duckling