The Children’s Room has materials in multiple formats and in different collections to meet the special needs of your child.
- Easy-Board Book collection is for children 0 to 2, are thick, strong pages, with bright colors and few words.
- Easy Books collection is for children 1 to 6+ years old, are usually oversized with simple stories.
- Chapter Books collection for the beginner readers in 4 levels, for kids in Kindergarten to 2nd grade.
- Holidays Collection covers holidays from Christmas to Valentine’s Day.
- Parenting Collection has books the parent can read to the child that cover the tough topics from potty training, a new baby, moving, manners, feelings, dyslexia and much more. This collection includes the Just for the Military Child books.
- Juvenile Fiction and Non-fiction books for kids in grades 1 to 7 and a little older.
Reading Club: Reading by Design
Through April 30
This year’s theme is Reading by Design, running through April 30, 2018. Kids read 5 stories and review each one, and earn real patches. Pick up forms at the Library and instructions for the online version from the Library. WARNING: you will have tell us about one of the stories when you turn in your log. Kids can read 5 to 100+ stories to earn up to 15 different patches during the Club’s year.
Tuesdays | 10 am to 11 am
For children, ages 2 to 6; includes crafts, projects and stories for everyone.
April 24: Trees
May 1: Fiesta – Cinco de Mayo
May 8: Mother’s Day
May 15: Rabbits
May 22: Lambs & Sheep
May 29: No Storytime
Kids can call 731-4640 and listen to a short story. A new story starts every Thursday morning.
April 19: Housekeeper for a Day
April 26: The Stars in the Sky
May 3: Sleeping Beauty
May 10: The Piglet Brother
May 17: Rhyming Fables
May 24: Memorial Day
May 31: The Pied Piper