The Children’s Room has materials in multiple formats and in different collections to meet the special needs of your child.
- Easy-Board Book collection is for children 0 to 2, are thick, strong pages, with bright colors and few words.
- Easy Books collection is for children 1 to 6+ years old, are usually oversized with simple stories.
- Chapter Books collection for the beginner readers in 4 levels, for kids in Kindergarten to 2nd grade.
- Holidays Collection covers holidays from Christmas to Valentine’s Day.
- Parenting Collection has books the parent can read to the child that cover the tough topics from potty training, a new baby, moving, manners, feelings, dyslexia and much more. This collection includes the Just for the Military Child books.
- Juvenile Fiction and Non-fiction books for kids in grades 1 to 7 and a little older.
Theme: Reading Takes You Everywhere
June – August: Reading logs and information can be picked up at the library! Weekly prizes and programs for all ages! Five reader categories.
Tuesdays | 10 am to 11 am
For children, ages 2 to 6; includes crafts, projects and stories for everyone.
August 21: Monkeys (South America & Africa)
August 28: Back to School
Kids can call 731-4640 and listen to a short story. A new story starts every Thursday morning.
August 23: Why the Sea is Salty
August 30: Labor Day