DOD MWR’S SUMMER READING PROGRAM
June 10 through August 17
Be a star and join this fun reading program. Register on Beanstack at https://malmstrom.beanstack.org
Each participant must register and log their minutes each day he/she reads.
Program activities start June 17 with the first activity on June 21.
The Children’s Room has materials in multiple formats and in different collections to meet the special needs of your child.
- Easy-Board Book collection is for children 0 to 2, are thick, strong pages, with bright colors and few words.
- Easy Books collection is for children 1 to 6+ years old, are usually oversized with simple stories.
- Chapter Books collection for the beginner readers in 4 levels, for kids in Kindergarten to 2nd grade.
- Holidays Collection covers holidays from Christmas to Valentine’s Day.
- Parenting Collection has books the parent can read to the child that cover the tough topics from potty training, a new baby, moving, manners, feelings, dyslexia and much more. This collection includes the Just for the Military Child books.
- Juvenile Fiction and Non-fiction books for kids in grades 1 to 7 and a little older.
Every Thursday | 10:30 am
For toddlers, ages 2 and under.
We read some stories, sing some songs, play with toys and have a load of fun crawling around on the rug, without your little ones knowing they are learning about the world around them.
Tuesdays | 10 am to 11 am
For children, ages 2 to 6; includes crafts, projects and stories for everyone.
June 18 | Summer
June 25 | Mythical Animals
24/7 Kids can call 731-4640 and listen to a short story. A new story starts every Thursday morning.
June 20 | Thumbelina
June 27 | The Emperor’s New Clothes