Girls Who Code
Fridays, February 28, March 6, 13, 20, 27, April 3, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15 | 4 – 5 pm
New AND Returning Students—SPACE LIMITED
Girls Who Code is a free, after-school program teaching coding to 6th-12 grade (ages 11-18) designed for girls but boys are welcome.
Ages: 11-18 (6-12 grade)
The Children’s Room has materials in multiple formats and in different collections to meet the special needs of your child.
- Easy-Board Book collection is for children 0 to 2, are thick, strong pages, with bright colors and few words.
- Easy Books collection is for children 1 to 6+ years old, are usually oversized with simple stories.
- Chapter Books collection for the beginner readers in 4 levels, for kids in Kindergarten to 2nd grade.
- Holidays Collection covers holidays from Christmas to Valentine’s Day.
- Parenting Collection has books the parent can read to the child that cover the tough topics from potty training, a new baby, moving, manners, feelings, dyslexia and much more. This collection includes the Just for the Military Child books.
- Juvenile Fiction and Non-fiction books for kids in grades 1 to 7 and a little older.
Babies & Toddlers Storytime
Thursdays, February 6, 13, 20 and 27 | 10:30 am
For toddlers, ages 2 and under.
We read some stories, sing some songs, play with toys and have a load of fun crawling around on the rug, without your little ones knowing they are learning about the world around them.
Kids’ Reading Club – “Read Between the Covers”
Through May 31, 2020
Ages: Kindergarten—12th Grade
Kids read whatever they like, in any format: print, online, e-books, audio, etc. Then they log onto Beanstack and give a short review of 5 books to earn an e-patch/prize. Use https://malmstrom.beanstack.org to register, track time, activities and books reviews.
There will also be Reading Logs available: Kids can pick up a Reading Log, complete 5 books and then turn in the log at the Library for a prize.
Tuesdays | 10:30 to 11:30 am
For children, ages 2 to 6; includes crafts, projects and stories for everyone.
February 18 | MAFB Dental Clinic Visits the Library
February 25 | Dr. Seuss Day! READ ACROSS AMERICA
March 2 | Dr. Seuss | 4 – 5 pm
March 3 | Iditarod
March 10 | Baseball
March 17 | St. Patrick’s Day
March 24 | Service People
24/7 Kids can call 731-4640 and listen to a short story. A new story starts every Thursday morning.
February 20 | The Pancake
February 27 | Rapunzel
March 5 | The Stars in the Sky
March 12 | The Lion and the Mouse
March 19 | The Caterpillar’s Surprise
March 26 | The Emperor’s New Clothes
The Library reserves the right to change the stories read due to unforeseen circumstances.