Thursday – Friday, Sept 23-24 | Overnight
Fall colors in September not only signal that winter is near, but also it’s the rut for elk. Hundreds of elk congregate annually at Slippery Ann creating a spectacle not to be missed. The distinctive bugling of the bull elk is something to hear.
Registration is required by Sept 21.
CALL ODR @ 731-4202 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER
Cost: $80 | Single Airmen/Deployed Affected: $50
- SEPTEMBER 21
- 5 pm: MANDATORY meeting at ODR to go over trip plans, check out equipment
- SEPTEMBER 23
- 6 am: Depart Outdoor Recreation
- 8 am: Rest stop in Lewistown
- 10 am: Arrive at Slippery Ann and set up camp
- Noon: Lunch
- 1 pm: Free time-hike, bike, fish, elk viewing
- 6:30 pm: Dinner
- SEPTEMBER 24
- Rise and shine!
- 9 am: Breakfast
- 10 am: Break camp
- Noon: Depart
- 1:30 pm: Rest stop and lunch in Lewistown
- 2:30 pm: Depart Lewistown
- 4:30 pm: Arrive ODR
WHAT TO BRING:
- Clothing: bring what you can layer: thermals, undershirt, long-sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, jacket or vest, hat and neck scarf, warm socks, gloves, long pants, shorts. Weather can change suddenly so be prepared.
- Sleeping bag rated for 20 degrees/above, sleeping pad (bag and pad will be provided if you don’t have your own equipment), cot, headlamp or flashlight and extra batteries, insect repellent, matches/lighter, pocket knife/multi-purpose tool, survival blanket, face/body wipes
- DON’T FORGET YOUR MEDS!
- All meals, snacks and refreshments are provided. Please bring your own hot liquid mug.
Masks are required at all times in the vehicles